Argo Gold Mine, Mill, and Museum

The Argo Tunnel dewatered and transported ore from numerous mines in Seaton Mountain, part of the major Central City–Idaho Springs District, to the Argo Mill. In 1894, when it was built, it was the longest tunnel in the world. The mill operated from 1913 until 1943, and is now a museum. Tours of the mine and mill are available year round.

Information:
Argo Gold Mine & Mill
2350 Riverside Dr.
Idaho Springs, CO 80452
Tel: (303) 567-2421
email: argo2350@aol.com
On the web: Historic Argo Mine Tours

argo mill

 

 

Image courtesy of Historic Argo Mine Tours